Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 13 total
Thread Academic version
Sat, Jun 7 2014 2:21 PMPermanent Link

E.B

Does an academic version of EWB exists and how does it cost ?

Regards,

Eric
Sun, Jun 8 2014 9:58 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/7/2014 2:21 PM, E.B wrote:
> Does an academic version of EWB exists and how does it cost ?

Emailing sales direct would be best way to get an answer to this:
sales@elevatesoft.com

AFAIK there is no official academic version but Elevate Soft sales can
assess your individual situation.


Raul

Wed, Jun 11 2014 2:11 AMPermanent Link

Christian Kaufmann

>Does an academic version of EWB exists and how does it cost ?
Are you kidding?

This tool is worth this price - or even double!

The idea of academic versions is, to give students tools, to learn
something and not to offer budget software to people, who are not
ready to pay for work.

EWB is a tool for "production" and not a tool to learn programming and
/ or design principles.

cu Christian
Thu, Jun 12 2014 5:20 AMPermanent Link

E.B

Christian Kaufmann wrote:

>Does an academic version of EWB exists and how does it cost ?
Are you kidding?

This tool is worth this price - or even double!

The idea of academic versions is, to give students tools, to learn
something and not to offer budget software to people, who are not
ready to pay for work.

EWB is a tool for "production" and not a tool to learn programming and
/ or design principles.

cu Christian

**********************************

I did not allow me to joke Mister. I must also admit that I had not been used to hear on this forum the aggressive tone you used.

I did not know that EWB was exclusively dedicated to the "production" (...), you will excuse me, but it is not written anywhere and Delphi 1, which I think was well worth EWB proposed an academic price/version. I also do not think that EWB's price is as low as that. Excuse me, I find its price to be reasonable, nothing more.

But I beg you will excuse me again, it seems that I have very upset you and it is certainly why you forgot many other interesting aspects of the question.


I still have an other question: Are you an official representative of the company ? and if it is, at what level ?
Sat, Jun 14 2014 8:43 AMPermanent Link

E.B

I've been contacted bu EWB's sale service.

A 10 % price decrease is allowed for Students and Teachers.

When I ask my students if they do programming :

70 % say no.

And those who write some code lines never use Pascal
with or without delphi/lazarus/free pascal or EWB ...

They use Java/PHP/C++/C#/Basic not Pascal.

The fact that  Pascal can know, using EWB, produce WEB apps
would certainly help this language gain youngs
interest.

If, obviously, they can have access to it.
Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:50 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/14/2014 8:43 AM, E.B wrote:
> The fact that  Pascal can know, using EWB, produce WEB apps
> would certainly help this language gain youngs
> interest.
>
> If, obviously, they can have access to it.
>

I would think For learning EWB trial version should work just fine -
it's limitations of elevate logo and no distribution should be no
problem in this setting.

Raul
Sat, Jun 14 2014 9:51 AMPermanent Link

Roy Lambert

NLH Associates

Team Elevate Team Elevate

E.B


Being incurably nosey - what are you teaching?

Roy Lambert
Sat, Jun 14 2014 12:47 PMPermanent Link

E.B

Roy Lambert wrote:

E.B


Being incurably nosey - what are you teaching?

Roy Lambert
******************

Electronic.

French national education at college and high school uses C or Java .
Pascal was used at university years ago. Now it is C++ or C# most
of the time.


Sat, Jun 14 2014 12:51 PMPermanent Link

E.B

Raul wrote:

On 6/14/2014 8:43 AM, E.B wrote:
> The fact that  Pascal can know, using EWB, produce WEB apps
> would certainly help this language gain youngs
> interest.
>
> If, obviously, they can have access to it.
>

I would think For learning EWB trial version should work just fine -
it's limitations of elevate logo and no distribution should be no
problem in this setting.

Raul
*********

No problem for learning, ok. But the goal is sometime building
a web site for the school that is seen by parents and industrials
(web site production).

Seeing that it has been created with a trial version is here a problem.
Sat, Jun 14 2014 5:22 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/14/2014 12:51 PM, E.B wrote:
> No problem for learning, ok. But the goal is sometime building
> a web site for the school that is seen by parents and industrials
> (web site production).
>
> Seeing that it has been created with a trial version is here a problem.
>

Is that the actual state of things though or this discussion just
academic Smile (sorry - could not help myself there).

I don't speak for ElevateSoft but i have found them very reasonable few
times i've had a special licensing situation.

Speaking from personal experience seeing certain level of commitment
helps things immensely. Something like "i have a class of X people using
EWB trial to build a web site as a class project over a semester. For
our final project we'd like to publish it with a commercial EWB version
- can you help us out" for me at least would carry lot more weight.

Raul
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image