Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 11 total
Thread IDE Run Parameters
Tue, Jun 2 2015 12:09 AMPermanent Link

Max Evans

Hi Tim,

I realise that you are trying to finalise EWB2 and I look forward to the final product.

For my own app purposes, I use EWB more as a factory of sorts to produce documents and store data. Nearly all of my small EWB apps are given query parameters at startup like :
"myapp.html?size=43&width=155&source=username" and so on.

I wondered if it would be possible to have a Run->Run Parameters option within the IDE that passes user defined query pararmeters to the source html of the project.

Maybe it can already be done and I havent seen it ?

Thanks in advance for your efforts.

Max Evans
Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:06 AMPermanent Link

Uli Becker

Max,

> I wondered if it would be possible to have a Run->Run Parameters option within the IDE that passes user defined query pararmeters to the source html of the project.

Yes, that's possible - have a look here:
http://tinyurl.com/na8yo3p

Uli
Tue, Jun 2 2015 2:51 AMPermanent Link

Doc

Uli Becker wrote:
Yes, that's possible - have a look here:
http://tinyurl.com/na8yo3p
______________________________________

I have the same problem.
On this site I can only see how to retreive parameters, not how to simulate parameters at program start.
I tried something like this:

SURL := 'http://'+ window.location.host + '/myproject.html?Param1=MyParam1&Param2=MyParam2';
window.location.assign (SURL);

But this doesn't lead to a stable run of my programs.
Tue, Jun 2 2015 4:30 AMPermanent Link

Uli Becker

> SURL := 'http://'+ window.location.host + '/myproject.html?Param1=MyParam1&Param2=MyParam2';
> window.location.assign (SURL);

What do you want to achieve?
Tue, Jun 2 2015 4:39 AMPermanent Link

Doc

Uli Becker wrote:

What do you want to achieve?
_______________________________

Just simulate a program run with URL-Parameters so that my program can work with them.
I got the impression that this was what the OP intended, too.
Tue, Jun 2 2015 4:42 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Doc wrote:

> On this site I can only see how to retreive parameters, not how to
> simulate parameters at program start.  I tried something like this:

In my testing, I have the code check the host for "localhost". If
present, then I use debug parameters. It helps get things working, and
then over time I remove it.
Tue, Jun 2 2015 4:55 AMPermanent Link

Doc

"Matthew Jones" wrote:
In my testing, I have the code check the host for "localhost". If
present, then I use debug parameters. It helps get things working, and
then over time I remove it.
________________________________

Sounds like a good idea for me.
Tue, Jun 2 2015 6:17 AMPermanent Link

Uli Becker

> Just simulate a program run with URL-Parameters so that my program can work with them.
> I got the impression that this was what the OP intended, too.

OK, you could just create a link like this:

 http://localhost/myproject.html?Param1=MyParam1&Param2=MyParam2

and store it as a bookmark in your browser. Then just run the app from
the browser, not the IDE.

Uli
Tue, Jun 2 2015 8:26 AMPermanent Link

Doc

Uli Becker wrote:
OK, you could just create a link like this:

 http://localhost/myproject.html?Param1=MyParam1&Param2=MyParam2

and store it as a bookmark in your browser. Then just run the app from
the browser, not the IDE.
______________________________
Yes, thanks,
I will do a combination of both, fake parameters from within the code for quick testing and a browser bookmark for further testings.
Tue, Jun 2 2015 3:24 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Max,

<< I wondered if it would be possible to have a Run->Run Parameters option
within the IDE that passes user defined query pararmeters to the source html
of the project. >>

Yes, it's near the top of the list of "next things to add", so expect it
shortly after the initial release.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image