Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 7 of 7 total
Thread Incorrect Resize Behaviour
Thu, Jun 4 2015 6:59 AMPermanent Link

Mark Brooks

Slikware

Avatar

Tim,

Playing around with EWB 11 to create some initial GUI mockups. Extensive use of hierarchical layouts. All good and unbelievably powerful.

However, on introducing some scroll panels, the app becomes unresponsive when the browser window is made smaller, such that the scrollbars are introduced. This can be demonstrated by visiting the link here:

https://labs.castrum.co.uk/directory/cdp/

- and resizing the browser window upwards. The scrollbar in the "Comments Panel" kicks in ok, but the one in the "My Documents Panel" to the left seems to cause the issue.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Mark
Thu, Jun 4 2015 7:31 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Mark Brooks wrote:

> - and resizing the browser window upwards. The scrollbar in the
> "Comments Panel" kicks in ok, but the one in the "My Documents Panel"
> to the left seems to cause the issue.

Perhaps worth emailing Tim directly, as this is a show-stopper. I
turned on the Chrome CPU profiler, and it is stuck. Hmm, killed that
tab now too. Basically, it will be in a loop somehow.
Thu, Jun 4 2015 9:15 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/4/2015 6:59 AM, Mark Brooks wrote:
> - and resizing the browser window upwards. The scrollbar in the "Comments Panel" kicks in ok, but the one in the "My Documents Panel" to the left seems to cause the issue.

Seems to be more pronounced on Chrome.

Firefox worked OK but dragging the bottom border up and down repeatedly
did freeze the window and i ended up with "unresponsive script" prompt
with option to end/debug/continue (debug went to
"webui_telement.$p.applywidthconstraints = function(value)" but proper
debugging would be needed).

IE similar to Firefox - appears OK until you move bottom border up and
down 5-6 times rapidly.

Raul
Thu, Jun 4 2015 11:15 AMPermanent Link

Mark Brooks

Slikware

Avatar

I can confirm same behaviour in Safari also.

I'll let Tim pick up on the forum, given the time of day.

Thanks guys.
Thu, Jun 4 2015 3:41 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Mark,

<< Let me know if you need anything else. >>

If you can send me your EWB source, I would appreciate it.   I have to
figure out what's causing it, and that requires analyzing the application
itself for things like constraints, etc.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Thu, Jun 4 2015 4:02 PMPermanent Link

Mark Brooks

Slikware

Avatar

>>If you can send me your EWB source, I would appreciate it.   I have to
>>figure out what's causing it, and that requires analyzing the application
>>itself for things like constraints, etc.

Having tried to run the app in the browser it has hung and, I think, lost the most recent version of the source. However I will send what I have shortly. Apologies.
Fri, Jun 5 2015 5:01 AMPermanent Link

Mark Brooks

Slikware

Avatar

Mark Brooks wrote:

>>Having tried to run the app in the browser it has hung and, I think, lost the most recent version of the source. >>However I will send what I have shortly. Apologies.

Ok. Have recreated the project (partially) up to a point where it breaks again. Source in Tim's email.
Image