Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 10 total
Thread Rich editor : QuillJS handles images, hyperlinks, fonts, colours, etc
Fri, Jan 14 2022 4:58 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

I've added the QuillJS rich editor which lets you create rich HTML inputs.
The toolbar can be customized, two examples shown on the demo.

See it in action at https://www.erickengelke.com/nice/samples.html. and look in Quill on the bottom right

It's part of my "Nice" library for EWB.  Cost is $50, perpetual license, no fee for updates
Available for purchase at: https://erickengelke.com look under Books.

Write me if you have any questions at erickengelke@gmail.com

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Mon, Jan 24 2022 10:58 AMPermanent Link

Alan Questell

Richmond Community College

Using the latest version of Chrome, I get the attached error intermittently, but often.

Try using your mouse to quickly select text.


erickengelke wrote:

I've added the QuillJS rich editor which lets you create rich HTML inputs.
The toolbar can be customized, two examples shown on the demo.

See it in action at https://www.erickengelke.com/nice/samples.html. and look in Quill on the bottom right

It's part of my "Nice" library for EWB.  Cost is $50, perpetual license, no fee for updates
Available for purchase at: https://erickengelke.com look under Books.

Write me if you have any questions at erickengelke@gmail.com

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com



Attachments: Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 10.55.25 AM.png
Mon, Jan 24 2022 1:50 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Alan Questell wrote:

>Using the latest version of Chrome, I get the attached error intermittently, but often.

>Try using your mouse to quickly select text.

Blot is the internal format of QuillJS elements.  It mustn't like something I'm doing, and the select text was the last of the features I added... so it's the least tested feature.   I wonder if the quickness of the mouse has something to do with it.

I will investigate.   
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Mon, Jan 24 2022 7:14 PMPermanent Link

Alan Questell

Richmond Community College

Yes, if I quickly swiped my mouse backwards through the text trying to select it, it would often give me that message...especially if you held down the mouse button, swiped at the text and move the mouse outside the confines of the text editing window.



erickengelke wrote:

Alan Questell wrote:

>Using the latest version of Chrome, I get the attached error intermittently, but often.

>Try using your mouse to quickly select text.

Blot is the internal format of QuillJS elements.  It mustn't like something I'm doing, and the select text was the last of the features I added... so it's the least tested feature.   I wonder if the quickness of the mouse has something to do with it.

I will investigate.   
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Wed, Jan 26 2022 7:48 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Alan Questell wrote:

> Yes, if I quickly swiped my mouse backwards through the text trying to select it, it would often give me that
> message...especially if you held down the mouse button, swiped at the text and move the mouse outside
> the confines of the text editing window.


I've removed the real-time highlighting.  See if that helps.

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Fri, Jan 28 2022 4:39 PMPermanent Link

Alan Questell

Richmond Community College

Yes, but you can't highlight from left to right, bottom to top...only top to bottom, left to right.


erickengelke wrote:

Alan Questell wrote:

> Yes, if I quickly swiped my mouse backwards through the text trying to select it, it would often give me that
> message...especially if you held down the mouse button, swiped at the text and move the mouse outside
> the confines of the text editing window.


I've removed the real-time highlighting.  See if that helps.

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Sat, Jan 29 2022 12:18 AMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Alan Questell wrote:

>Yes, but you can't highlight from left to right, bottom to top...only top to bottom, left to right.

Odd, it works for me.  Which browser is this failing for you and which OS?   I'll also have to double check that I've put up the latest version.

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Sun, Jan 30 2022 4:05 PMPermanent Link

Alan Questell

Richmond Community College

Chrome on MacOS

erickengelke wrote:

Alan Questell wrote:

>Yes, but you can't highlight from left to right, bottom to top...only top to bottom, left to right.

Odd, it works for me.  Which browser is this failing for you and which OS?   I'll also have to double check that I've put up the latest version.

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Sun, Jan 30 2022 8:18 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Alan Questell wrote:

> Chrome on MacOS

I test on that too.  I just retested and can successfully highlight in any direction with Chrome Wersion 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacOS on a MacBook Pro with a trackpad.  I don't have a mouse to test.

And in the logic I go from the minimum of the two cursor positions to the absolute value of the length, so it ought to work independent of the direction.  I did that from day one.

I cannot reproduce this problem.  Sorry.


Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Mon, Jan 31 2022 1:47 PMPermanent Link

Alan Questell

Richmond Community College

Yes, you can highlight in either direction with the keyboard shift and arrows, but only in one direction with a mouse.  

erickengelke wrote:

Alan Questell wrote:

> Chrome on MacOS

I test on that too.  I just retested and can successfully highlight in any direction with Chrome Wersion 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (x86_64) on MacOS on a MacBook Pro with a trackpad.  I don't have a mouse to test.

And in the logic I go from the minimum of the two cursor positions to the absolute value of the length, so it ought to work independent of the direction.  I did that from day one.

I cannot reproduce this problem.  Sorry.


Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Image