Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 11 total
Thread Generate HTML file suggestion
Fri, Sep 9 2016 1:33 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Tim:
For better control of the generated HTML file you include a page panel with pages for the following areas. Each page will have a multi-line edit for the text/code to be added at the relevant place upon compilation.

- Start of page
- Between <head></head> tags
- Inside <body> tag
- After <body> tag
- Before </body>
- End of Page
- Inside <html>

This way, the developer can customise the start page to their liking.
Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:22 AMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Trinione wrote:

Tim:
For better control of the generated HTML file you include a page panel with pages for the following areas. Each page will have a multi-line edit for the text/code to be added at the relevant place upon compilation.

- Start of page
- Between <head></head> tags
- Inside <body> tag
- After <body> tag
- Before </body>
- End of Page
- Inside <html>

This way, the developer can customise the start page to their liking.
Sat, Sep 10 2016 7:27 AMPermanent Link

erickengelke

erickengelke wrote:

>For better control of the generated HTML file you include a page panel with pages for the following areas. Each page >will have a multi-line edit for the text/code to be added at the relevant place upon compilation.

HTML5 Builder had that capability, but you don't need to do it that way with EWB.  

You can edit tags later or even insert them afterwards.

In my book, in the OAuth2 example, I show how to place an EWB panel on the screen as a visual place holder and later change it to the needed HTML.

Erick
Sat, Sep 10 2016 1:45 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Erick wrote:
<< You can edit tags later or even insert them afterwards. >>

Yes, but this means having to do it after and apart from the EWB build process though. So, every time one EWB compiles one would have to go edit the resulting file. That won't be necessary if it is part of the build process.


<< In my book, in the OAuth2 example, I show how to place an EWB panel on the screen as a visual place holder and later change it to the needed HTML. >>

So, one could effectively use EWB as a Layout Builder ?
Sun, Sep 11 2016 11:43 AMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Trinione wrote:

Erick wrote:
<< You can edit tags later or even insert them afterwards. >>

>Yes, but this means having to do it after and apart from the EWB build process though. So, every time one EWB >compiles one would have to go edit the resulting file. That won't be necessary if it is part of the build process.

No, you can do it programatically.  The DOM (document object model) lets you replace things in your web page in real time.

<< In my book, in the OAuth2 example, I show how to place an EWB panel on the screen as a visual place holder and later change it to the needed HTML. >>

>So, one could effectively use EWB as a Layout Builder ?

Absolutely.  

Erick
Sun, Sep 11 2016 8:49 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Erick wrote:
<<Yes, but this means having to do it after and apart from the EWB build process though. So, every time one EWB >compiles one would have to go edit the resulting file. That won't be necessary if it is part of the build process.

<< No, you can do it programatically.  The DOM (document object model) lets you replace things in your web page in real time. >>

Does your book include how this can be done. And, isn't it simpler to insert the code as I requested into the generated file?
Sun, Sep 11 2016 9:22 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Trinione wrote:

Erick wrote:
<< No, you can do it programatically.  The DOM (document object model) lets you replace things in your web page in real time. >>

>Does your book include how this can be done. And, isn't it simpler to insert the code as I requested into the generated file?

It's in there a couple of times, the first time appears on page 179 under the topic Document Object Model.

What's cool is that you can do it at any time, not just when initially generating the page.  For example, you can use it to dynamically load CSS or other whole files in real time in response to changing needs.  

I also use it to load cool rich text editors whenever I want.  You can't do that at load time.

Erick
Wed, Sep 14 2016 1:52 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com


<< For better control of the generated HTML file you include a page panel with pages for the following areas. Each page will have a multi-line edit for the text/code to be added at the relevant place upon compilation. >>

What exactly are you trying to do with this ?  If you need a generic HTML page for whatever purposes, it's best to use something more suited to that task than EWB.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Wed, Sep 14 2016 5:45 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Tim Young [Elevate Software] wrote:
<< What exactly are you trying to do with this ? >>

A more 'sophisticated' loading page for example. Or even a page with info that displays as the js is loading.


<< If you need a generic HTML page for whatever purposes, it's best to use something more suited to that task than EWB. >>

Yes, correct. It would be simpler to create my own page outside of EWB. I would just need to call the appName.js file from whatever file I create.

Thanks.
Thu, Sep 15 2016 9:50 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Trinione wrote:

> A more 'sophisticated' loading page for example. Or even a page with
> info that displays as the js is loading.

Can you not do that with a basic page and a standard HTML reload to the
javascript application page?

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="1;URL=/myapp.html" />

--

Matthew Jones
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image