Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 61 to 70 of 70 total
Thread Looking Beyond 2.06
Thu, Apr 20 2017 3:40 PMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones


>
> If it's for the Windows builds here:
>
> https://opendec.wordpress.com/tag/openssl/
>

It isn't, it's another. But no matter!

--
Matthew Jones
Thu, Apr 20 2017 4:15 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Matthew,

<< It isn't, it's another. But no matter!  >>

Please email me with his info.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Jun 6 2017 4:36 AMPermanent Link

kamran

Hi Tim

Do you think you could consider implementing "Websockets" for EWB anytime soon.

Would that be straightforward for you to incorporate ?

I think that would be immensely useful and make EWB more powerful.

(I do not know what other peoples views are on this .. but if you think it would be a useful addition then please inform Tim so that he can prioritise according to workload.)

Best regards

Kamran

Tim Young [Elevate Software] wrote:

Kamran,

<< Just wanted to say "Thank You" for such a great product. (EWB).

1. Moving  projects from 2.05 to 2.06 was painless...

2. The speed improvement over 2.05 is really good ! >>

Good, I'm glad that you're seeing better performance.  It took about 1 1/2 months to get that all straight. Wink

<< I just need built in  "SSL" Support. >>

Yep, it's coming in 2.07.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Jun 6 2017 5:59 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

kamran wrote:

> Do you think you could consider implementing "Websockets" for EWB anytime soon.
>
> Would that be straightforward for you to incorporate ?

I can't speak for Tim obviously, but what is actually needed? You can already interface with any JavaScript you want, so if there is a library you want to link to, just do it. Obviously if there is something you need to have changed in EWB to support something, then a specific thing may be more viable to ask to be added. The browser can do a lot, and you should be able to take advantage without special support.

--

Matthew Jones
Tue, Jun 6 2017 12:40 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/6/2017 4:36 AM, kamran wrote:
> Do you think you could consider implementing "Websockets" for EWB anytime soon.
> Would that be straightforward for you to incorporate ?
> I think that would be immensely useful and make EWB more powerful.

There is actually a websocket component included - it's in WebSock unit
and called TSocket (and external import is TWebSocket in WebDOM).

It does not have a toolbar button yet but you should be able to use it
from code easily:
- create it in code
- assign handlers for the OnConnected/OnMessage/OnClose/OnError
- call "open" with URL to establish connection
- call "send" t to send data
- your OnMessage handler is fired for receiving data
- when done call  Close


Raul
Wed, Jun 7 2017 5:29 AMPermanent Link

kamran

Hi Raul

Well spotted...

I will look into that and try to work out how that can be achieved as it might be a good solution for sending print data to a "Non Airprint" printer from an IPad.

Hope I have got that right !

thanks

Kamran

Raul wrote:

On 6/6/2017 4:36 AM, kamran wrote:
> Do you think you could consider implementing "Websockets" for EWB anytime soon.
> Would that be straightforward for you to incorporate ?
> I think that would be immensely useful and make EWB more powerful.

There is actually a websocket component included - it's in WebSock unit
and called TSocket (and external import is TWebSocket in WebDOM).

It does not have a toolbar button yet but you should be able to use it
from code easily:
- create it in code
- assign handlers for the OnConnected/OnMessage/OnClose/OnError
- call "open" with URL to establish connection
- call "send" t to send data
- your OnMessage handler is fired for receiving data
- when done call  Close


Raul
Wed, Jun 7 2017 8:36 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 6/7/2017 5:29 AM, kamran wrote:
> I will look into that and try to work out how that can be achieved as it might be a good solution for sending print data to a "Non Airprint" printer from an IPad.
>
> Hope I have got that right !

You can try but it will be tricky - websocket connection has a http
style handshake which might interfere.

We use websockets on our mobile apps as it provides a proper 2 way
connection.

In terms of printing you might be better off writing a very simple
server module to handle all of this for you - your ewb app sends a http
request and module then does a raw tcp connection.

Raul
Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:45 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Kamran,

<< I will look into that and try to work out how that can be achieved as it might be a good solution for sending print data to a "Non Airprint" printer from an IPad. >>

As Raul indicated, web sockets use a very specific HTTP conversation when talking to the web server.  This is why I haven't "surfaced" this functionality officially yet: the EWB Web Server doesn't support web sockets yet.  If you're using a different web server that *does* support web sockets, then you'll be okay with the WebSocket unit's functionality, per Raul's directions on how to use it.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:46 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Sorry, that should be the "WebSock" unit, not "WebSocket" unit.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Wed, Jun 7 2017 1:47 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

And, BTW, Raul actually wrote this unit, so he gets all of the credit.  I just popped it into the library. Smile

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Previous PagePage 7 of 7
Jump to Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Image