Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 5 of 5 total
Thread Error #506
Sun, Jul 21 2019 10:06 PMPermanent Link

KimHJ

Comca Systems, Inc

I get this error on my web server sometimes, mostly a few days after I have it restarted. All my modules and programs are set to AutoSessionName := True

Any idea how I can fix it?

I have to restart EWB server for it to work.

Thanks,
Kim
Mon, Jul 22 2019 9:01 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 7/21/2019 10:06 PM, KimHJ wrote:
> I get this error on my web server sometimes, mostly a few days after I have it restarted. All my modules and programs are set to AutoSessionName := True
>
> Any idea how I can fix it?
>
> I have to restart EWB server for it to work.

I assume you're using EDB on the back-end as database !?

These errors usually indicate bugs in code - usually locking related
and/or things like long running operations etc.

Key is to identify where exactly this happens and then narrow it down to
source.

Raul


Tue, Jul 23 2019 10:48 PMPermanent Link

KimHJ

Comca Systems, Inc

Raul wrote:

>>I assume you're using EDB on the back-end as database !?

These errors usually indicate bugs in code - usually locking related
and/or things like long running operations etc.

Key is to identify where exactly this happens and then narrow it down to
source.

Raul<<

Yes using EDB.

There is no long running operations, except I have a program running with a timer that every minutes check if any new records are added to the database, but that have been running for months.
Then I have three modules.
So it could be the module is trying to access a record that is locked by another process?

Thanks,
Kim
Wed, Jul 24 2019 8:38 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 7/23/2019 10:48 PM, KimHJ wrote:
> There is no long running operations, except I have a program running with a timer that every minutes check if any new records are added to the database, but that have been running for months.
> Then I have three modules.
> So it could be the module is trying to access a record that is locked by another process?

There is not enough info here to say for sure what it is going on exactly.

Can you extract the actual content of the error - the string part of the
error message and also try to do some logging in your program and
modules to pinpoint where and how exactly this is happening.


Things i would personally check

1. Program that runs on timer - local or remote connection ?
Any chance that logic is not handling errors properly and for example
running next poll if previous poll is timing out still or such ?

2. Modules - generally check they are properly multi-thread aware - i
assume this is OK since it runs fionr for a while.

See that modules are properly handling error/exception by cleaning up
and not leaving locks hanging etc.

Raul

Thu, Jul 25 2019 9:02 PMPermanent Link

KimHJ

Comca Systems, Inc

Raul wrote:
>>There is not enough info here to say for sure what it is going on exactly.

Can you extract the actual content of the error - the string part of the
error message and also try to do some logging in your program and
modules to pinpoint where and how exactly this is happening.


Things i would personally check

1. Program that runs on timer - local or remote connection ?
Any chance that logic is not handling errors properly and for example
running next poll if previous poll is timing out still or such ?

2. Modules - generally check they are properly multi-thread aware - i
assume this is OK since it runs fionr for a while.

See that modules are properly handling error/exception by cleaning up
and not leaving locks hanging etc.

Raul<<

I just noticed that I didn't wrote the error it comes up with.
The error is: Can't create Session ID:1

That is why I wrote that I have all the session set to autosession.

Kim
Image