|Home » Technical Support » Elevate Web Builder Technical Support » Support Forums » Elevate Web Builder General » View Thread|
|Messages 1 to 3 of 3 total|
|Registering dll modules in v3|
|Thu, Jan 28 2021 7:52 AM||Permanent Link|
In version 2 I went to Environment / Options and then to Internal Web Server Modules to register the dll modules I'd written in Delphi.
My dll modules access a Firebird database.
How do I register the dll's in v3?
And can anyone tell me if a v2 dll will work with a v3 web app?
|Thu, Jan 28 2021 9:12 AM||Permanent Link|
On 1/28/2021 7:52 AM, Paul Coshott wrote:
> How do I register the dll's in v3?
Easiest is to use IDE server manager and it's a 2 step process - you
upload the DLL to the server and then install module (using uploaded dll).
Note that default module virtual path has changed ( /modules now) but is
See more here :
> And can anyone tell me if a v2 dll will work with a v3 web app?
if you mean whether v2 dll works with v3 web server then no - you need
to recompile with ewb3 modules.
App support depends on what you're using from EWB in the app - for
example if you use the EWB built-in dataset support then no since its
now REST based and you need to modify both app and module itself to EWB3.
|Tue, Feb 2 2021 11:44 AM||Permanent Link|
Tim Young [Elevate Software]
Elevate Software, Inc.
<< How do I register the dll's in v3? >>
Using the Server Manager in the IDE:
1) Double-click on the target server.
2) Double-click on the Files node.
3) Right-click on the Modules node and select the Upload Files option.
4) Add the module(s) that you want to deploy using the upload dialog box, and click on the OK button to start the upload.
5) After the upload completes, right-click on the Modules node (the main node, not the Modules node under the Files node) and select the Install Module option. Enter the name that you would like the module to have and select the module file that you just uploaded using the selection button. Click on the OK button to complete.
I will be adding a new utility for deploying the native server modules soon that you can incorporate into any automated build system.
<< And can anyone tell me if a v2 dll will work with a v3 web app? >>
Is it a regular web server module or a database module ? The latter won't work with an EWB 3 client application, but the former will. However, neither of them will work with the EWB 3 Web Server without a recompile and some possible changes to the module code (for database modules, especially).