Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 8 of 8 total
Thread TVideo and webm format
Thu, Jan 28 2021 7:52 PMPermanent Link

Jose Verger

Cybernav

Avatar

Hello,

I create video files in client machines to be reviewed later, and they are created as webm files, but the component TVideo only reads MP4 files.   Is there some way to do the translation on EWB ?  

regards

Jose Verger
Thu, Jan 28 2021 8:32 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 1/28/2021 7:52 PM, Cybernav wrote:
> I create video files in client machines to be reviewed later, and they are created as webm files, but the component TVideo only reads MP4 files.   Is there some way to do the translation on EWB ?

EWB3 TVideo should work with webm files - AFAIk it just wraps HTML5
video support and most of the work is done by the browser (and most
modern ones support webm)..

Make sure your webm files are accessible using a URL and set TVideo to
webm video file URL and set ShowControls := true and run app - it should
let you play video.

Raul



Fri, Jan 29 2021 10:01 AMPermanent Link

Jose Verger

Cybernav

Avatar

Raul wrote:

On 1/28/2021 7:52 PM, Cybernav wrote:
> I create video files in client machines to be reviewed later, and they are created as webm files, but the component TVideo only reads MP4 files.   Is there some way to do the translation on EWB ?

EWB3 TVideo should work with webm files - AFAIk it just wraps HTML5
video support and most of the work is done by the browser (and most
modern ones support webm)..

Make sure your webm files are accessible using a URL and set TVideo to
webm video file URL and set ShowControls := true and run app - it should
let you play video.

Raul

I place WEBM and MP4 files in the same server folder with same sharing attributes and when the TVideo plays the MP4 file it does it correctly, but with the WEBM file it gives INVALID ORIGIN error message and does not display anything...
The project only has the TVideo component and a panel to show any result message with a TLabel below.
Fri, Jan 29 2021 10:08 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 1/29/2021 10:01 AM, Cybernav wrote:

> I place WEBM and MP4 files in the same server folder with same sharing attributes and when the TVideo plays the MP4 file it does it correctly, but with the WEBM file it gives INVALID ORIGIN error message and does not display anything...
> The project only has the TVideo component and a panel to show any result message with a TLabel below.

I did a quick test here and that seems to be issue with the IDE embedded
browser - seeing the errors also but only in IDE.

Opening same link with Chrome/Edge/Firefox works fine and video plays OK
so deployed apps should be OK.

In my case i just used a public webm file i found and populating the
tvideo from a button press  :

Video1.SourceURL := 'http://dl5.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm';
Video1.ShowControls := true;
Video1.AutoPlay := true;

Raul
Fri, Jan 29 2021 10:15 AMPermanent Link

Jose Verger

Cybernav

Avatar

Raul wrote:

On 1/29/2021 10:01 AM, Cybernav wrote:

> I place WEBM and MP4 files in the same server folder with same sharing attributes and when the TVideo plays the MP4 file it does it correctly, but with the WEBM file it gives INVALID ORIGIN error message and does not display anything...
> The project only has the TVideo component and a panel to show any result message with a TLabel below.

>I did a quick test here and that seems to be issue with the IDE embedded
browser - seeing the errors also but only in IDE.

Opening same link with Chrome/Edge/Firefox works fine and video plays OK
so deployed apps should be OK.

In my case i just used a public webm file i found and populating the
tvideo from a button press  :

Video1.SourceURL := 'http://dl5.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm';
Video1.ShowControls := true;
Video1.AutoPlay := true;

Raul

you are right, the deployed Ewb application works perfect. !..   Thanks very much Raul...

JosÚ
Tue, Feb 2 2021 8:10 AMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Cybernav wrote:

Raul wrote:

On 1/29/2021 10:01 AM, Cybernav wrote:

>> I place WEBM and MP4 files in the same server folder with same sharing attributes and when the TVideo plays the MP4 file it does it correctly, but with the WEBM file it gives INVALID ORIGIN error message and does not display anything...
>> The project only has the TVideo component and a panel to show any result message with a TLabel below.

>> did a quick test here and that seems to be issue with the IDE embedded
browser - seeing the errors also but only in IDE.

>Opening same link with Chrome/Edge/Firefox works fine and video plays OK
>so deployed apps should be OK.

The EWB built-in browser is Internet Explorer, which is not fully HTML5 compatible in many ways.  Many things that work on every other browser, phone and tablet do not work on it.

Tim said he is planning to upgrade to a new browser in the nearish future.  That will allow him to also add breakpoints and other really useful things as well.

Erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Tue, Feb 2 2021 12:15 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Erick,

<< Tim said he is planning to upgrade to a new browser in the nearish future.  That will allow him to also add breakpoints and other really useful things as well. >>

Yes, we can now use Edge in the IDE with Delphi Sydney 10.4 (thanks Embarcadero !), so we will be moving the IDE/servers to 10.4 shortly.  It was just something that was possibly too disruptive to do for the initial 3.00 release.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Feb 2 2021 12:15 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Erick,

<< Tim said he is planning to upgrade to a new browser in the nearish future.  That will allow him to also add breakpoints and other really useful things as well. >>

Yes, we can now use Edge in the IDE with Delphi Sydney 10.4 (thanks Embarcadero !), so we will be moving the IDE/servers to 10.4 shortly.  It was just something that was possibly too disruptive to do for the initial 3.00 release.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Image