Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 11 to 15 of 15 total
Thread Unusual characters
Fri, May 10 2013 4:27 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Matthew,

<< In the WBF file, the caption is being stored as this:

Caption = 'Test'#8482 >>

Yes, the character will be stored using normal Delphi character code
encoding in the form file.

<< That appears to be the unicode character. If I change that to the #99
character, I get a 'c' all the way through. Editing it as hex to put in a
99h byte shows an A(grave) then the TM. This is probably because the WBF is
in unicode. >>

Yes.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Fri, May 10 2013 4:28 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Matthew,

<< I've just checked the character in the HTML of your message, and it seems
to be character 99h. If I try to copy and paste, it ends up as the UTF8
again in the script. >>

Can you send me over what you've got ?  I can then take a look and tell you
where you're going wrong.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Mon, May 13 2013 4:47 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Ooooh! Now, that's interesting - and it isn't EWB.

Now understanding how you could not be seeing this, I created a new test project,
added an Alt-0153 to the form caption, and hit F9. No problem! Why is it always my
projects?!

So I went to my real project, and did the same, hit F9, and again, no problem. Well,
that's because it is in the IDE, and the code is told to not do anything over http
(for security) so I went to Chrome, and on http it works fine, but on https it
doesn't work.  To get https I am running it through the Indy/RemObjects server, so
I guess the problem is there somewhere. It must be doing a duff conversion, or some
other such thing.

Leave it with me, and I'll work out how to fix the https server.

/Matthew Jones/
Mon, May 13 2013 5:25 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Okay, the uROIndyHTTPServer file, at about line 250 has a test:

 if SameText(lContentType, 'text/xml') then
   lContentType := lContentType + '; charset=utf-8';

If I remove the test and put that on always, I get the proper TM symbol. I shall
work out what the proper test should be - probably it should be looking for "text/"
of any type - don't want to mess up binary.

/Matthew Jones/
Tue, May 14 2013 12:26 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Matthew,

<< Okay, the uROIndyHTTPServer file, at about line 250 has a test:

 if SameText(lContentType, 'text/xml') then
   lContentType := lContentType + '; charset=utf-8';

If I remove the test and put that on always, I get the proper TM symbol. I
shall work out what the proper test should be - probably it should be
looking for "text/" of any type - don't want to mess up binary. >>

Cool, I'm glad that you found the issue.  FYI, everything textual in EWB is
encoded using UTF-8, and expects the same from any back-end web server.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Previous PagePage 2 of 2
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image