Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 11 total
Thread Scanning Barcodes In Android, iOS or Windows 8
Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:16 AMPermanent Link

Frederick Chin

Is it possible for a tablet running Android, iOS or Windows 8 to scan barcodes (EAN-13) using a barcode scanner or natively and then have the barcode entered into an EWB application?

Frederick
Mon, Feb 10 2014 1:35 PMPermanent Link

Leslie

Frederick,

Maybe this helps: https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Scanning-From-Web-Pages

Cheers,
Leslie
Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:13 PMPermanent Link

Frederick Chin

Leslie,

/*
Maybe this helps: https://github.com/zxing/zxing/wiki/Scanning-From-Web-Pages
*/

Thanks for the link.

I am looking for something simpler. The stock ID field is focused and the user scans a barcode with a barcode scanner and it appears in the field.

Possible?

Frederick
Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:39 PMPermanent Link

Jeff Cook

Aspect Systems Ltd

Avatar

<Frederick Chin> wrote in message
news:63125FC8-750C-4122-8C0A-6132A2C437CA@news.elevatesoft.com...
> I am looking for something simpler. The stock ID field is focused and the
> user scans a barcode with a barcode scanner and it appears in the field.
>
> Possible?

Frederick

I am pretty ignorant on all EWB topics, but I can't see why not.

This entry explains the use of "wedges" and "software wedges"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_reader.

Your program thinks the code is coming from the keyboard.  This should work
as well for EWB as it does any other program.

Cheers

Jeff
--
Jeff Cook
Aspect Systems Ltd

Mon, Feb 10 2014 9:41 PMPermanent Link

Jeff Cook

Aspect Systems Ltd

Avatar

IGNORE ME!

I didn't read the Subject!

Sorry

Jeff

--
Jeff Cook
Aspect Systems Ltd
www.aspect.co.nz

"Jeff Cook" <jeffc@aspect.co.nz> wrote in message
news:4F98EF6E-1264-4632-A215-84154543A750@news.elevatesoft.com...
> <Frederick Chin> wrote in message
> news:63125FC8-750C-4122-8C0A-6132A2C437CA@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> I am looking for something simpler. The stock ID field is focused and the
>> user scans a barcode with a barcode scanner and it appears in the field.
>>
>> Possible?
>
> Frederick
>
> I am pretty ignorant on all EWB topics, but I can't see why not.
>
> This entry explains the use of "wedges" and "software wedges"
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barcode_reader.
>
> Your program thinks the code is coming from the keyboard.  This should
> work as well for EWB as it does any other program.
>
> Cheers
>
> Jeff
> --
> Jeff Cook
> Aspect Systems Ltd
>
>

Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:36 AMPermanent Link

Leslie

Frederick,

I would be surprized if there was any simplier way to do this. Since your app is running in a sandbox no API's are available except the ones your browser provides access to. Here is the list: http://caniuse.com/ Anything beyond that can only be achived by communicating with some sort of server service via http or websockets.

Cheers,
Leslie
Tue, Feb 11 2014 4:53 AMPermanent Link

Leslie

Frederick,

If you want simple usage you can  create a function  with  a TDataColumn  parameter  to handle the http request.

Cheers,
Leslie
Tue, Feb 11 2014 9:02 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

> Anything beyond that can only be achived by communicating with some
> sort of server service via http or websockets.

Or, of course, if you are using something like PhoneGap then you can add custom
facilities. That might work if you are wanting to roll out 100 "EWB devices"
internally only to fill this purpose. There might even be existing PhoneGap modules
for it.

/Matthew Jones/
Tue, Feb 11 2014 9:59 AMPermanent Link

Frederick Chin

I thought that if I paired a tablet with a Bluetooth barcode scanner, the scans would appear in EWB's text fields?

Not as simple as this?

Frederick
Tue, Feb 11 2014 10:09 AMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Frederick,

<< I thought that if I paired a tablet with a Bluetooth barcode scanner, the
scans would appear in EWB's text fields? >>

Yes, that should work, provided that the TEdit control in question has
focus.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image