Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 11 total
Thread Deploy on Linux Web Hosting ?
Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:20 PMPermanent Link

Charalampos Michael

Hello,
  Can i deploy an EWB site to a linux web hosting with apache ?

Thank you

---
=CE=91=CF=85=CF=84=CF=8C =CF=84=CE=BF email =CE=B5=CE=AF=CE=BD=CE=B1=CE=B9 =
=CE=B1=CF=80=CE=B1=CE=BB=CE=BB=CE=B1=CE=B3=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF =CE=B1=
=CF=80=CF=8C =CE=B9=CE=BF=CF=8D=CF=82 =CE=BA=CE=B1=CE=B9 =CE=BA=CE=B1=CE=BA=
=CF=8C=CE=B2=CE=BF=CF=85=CE=BB=CE=BF =CE=BB=CE=BF=CE=B3=CE=B9=CF=83=CE=BC=
=CE=B9=CE=BA=CF=8C, =CE=B5=CF=80=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=B4=CE=AE =CE=B5=CE=AF=CE=BD=
=CE=B1=CE=B9 =CE=B5=CE=BD=CE=B5=CF=81=CE=B3=CE=AE =CE=B7 =CF=80=CF=81=CE=BF=
=CF=83=CF=84=CE=B1=CF=83=CE=AF=CE=B1 avast! Antivirus.
http://www.avast.com
Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:12 PMPermanent Link

Walter Matte

Tactical Business Corporation

Charalampos Michael wrote:

Hello,
  Can i deploy an EWB site to a linux web hosting with apache ?

Thank you



EWB - will generate HTML and JavaScript and along with your graphics, Yes you can deploy this and it will work if you have no database or other backend interaction and are just building static pages with EWB.

If you need database capabilities then you can still deploy EWB but you also need to build a back end, probably in php to process what EWB will Post to you and do the interaction with the database and send results back.

Walter
Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:59 PMPermanent Link

Charalampos Michael

Dear Walter,
  Well that's the problem because i need to use a database for storing
  information and as you know Linux supports only php and MySQL ...
  If Tim can find a solution to this i will defiantly consider EWB
  for my web development !!!

Thank you


> EWB - will generate HTML and JavaScript and along with your graphics,
> Yes you can deploy this and it will work if you have no database or
> other backend interaction and are just building static pages with EWB.
>
> If you need database capabilities then you can still deploy EWB but
> you also need  to build a back end, probably in php to process what
> EWB will Post to you and do the interaction with the database and
> send results back.
>
> Walter
>
Tue, Apr 8 2014 9:33 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 4/8/2014 8:59 PM, Charalampos Michael wrote:
> Dear Walter,
>    Well that's the problem because i need to use a database for storing
>    information and as you know Linux supports only php and MySQL ...
>    If Tim can find a solution to this i will defiantly consider EWB
>    for my web development !!!

Michael,

It's very much possible already though it requires little bit of extra
work (compared to using EWB web server).

You basically have to write the server side layer that gets the request,
queries the MySQL and returns the JSON.

JSON is very straightforward and reference is provided here :
http://www.elevatesoft.com/manual?action=viewtopic&id=ewb1&topic=JSON_Reference


EWB install does include some sample PHP scripts under
"examples\phpdataset". It's not a drop is replacement for MySQL since it
assumes the EDB PHP extension but core logic should be valid and just
needs to be updated to use MySQL connection and tables.

Raul
Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:39 AMPermanent Link

Walter Matte

Tactical Business Corporation

" If Tim can find a solution ...."

As Raul indicated Tim did provide a solution; a php example you can learn and build from.  In the initial EWB builds it was not possible.  EWB has already been enhance to the point where it is capable of deployment in the environment you would like, BUT you have to do some work.  

Walter
Wed, Apr 9 2014 8:33 AMPermanent Link

Charalampos Michael

Dear Walter,
  Well, he can make our life easier if he can put this into the
  "Visual" IDE with a component or something :D

  I'll give it a try though as soon as i find some free time ...

Thank you all !!!

> " If Tim can find a solution ...."
>
> As Raul indicated Tim did provide a solution; a php example
> you can learn and build from.  In the initial EWB builds
> it was not possible.  EWB has already been enhance to the point
>
> where it is capable of deployment in the environment you would
> like, BUT you have to do some work.
>
> Walter
>
Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:18 PMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

<<   Well that's the problem because i need to use a database for storing
  information and as you know Linux supports only php and MySQL ...
  If Tim can find a solution to this i will defiantly consider EWB
  for my web development !!!  >>

I have two EWB apps running on a Linux web server that use PHP and MySQL for the backend, so it is indeed possible. Smile
Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:14 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Michael,

<< Well, he can make our life easier if he can put this into the "Visual"
IDE with a component or something :D >>

The best that I'll probably be able to do at some point is to automate the
generation of the boilerplate PHP code.  But, the code that interfaces with
the database engine still needs to be coded by hand for any database engines
that aren't supported by default, and currently only ElevateDB is supported
in the PHP that we provide.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com


Sat, Apr 19 2014 9:15 AMPermanent Link

Charalampos Michael

Dear Tim,
  It would be a big plus in the product if you can do this !!

> Michael,
>
> << Well, he can make our life easier if he can put this into the
> "Visual" IDE with a component or something :D >>
>
> The best that I'll probably be able to do at some point is to automate
> the generation of the boilerplate PHP code.  But, the code that
> interfaces with the database engine still needs to be coded by hand for
> any database engines that aren't supported by default, and currently
> only ElevateDB is supported in the PHP that we provide.
>
> Tim Young
> Elevate Software
> www.elevatesoft.com
>
>
>
Sun, Sep 21 2014 4:01 PMPermanent Link

Hoken

Hi,
Does the PHP script only need to echo a JSON?
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image