Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 6 of 6 total
Thread TEWBDatasetAdapter - 64 Bit
Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:00 AMPermanent Link

Chris Clark

Hi

Is there a 64 bit version to the EWB Components for Delphi available? I've had a look around and can only find 32 bit dll's

I need to deploy a 64 bit ISAPI DLL

Thanks in advance.


Chris.
Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:04 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 9/18/2014 8:00 AM, Chris Clark wrote:
> Is there a 64 bit version to the EWB Components for Delphi available? I've had a look around and can only find 32 bit dll's

Not to my knowledge - the EWB Web server is currently a 32bit app and
hence would not even be able to load anything but 32bit modules.


> I need to deploy a 64 bit ISAPI DLL

How do you intend to use the EWB module in an ISAPI DLL ?

My understanding is that it's for EWB Web Server use only.

Raul

Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:39 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Good questions. You can of course have an EWB application in the
browser talk to an ISAPI DLL from any normal means of making one.
That's the beauty of it - the back end is completely flexible.


--

Matthew Jones
Thu, Sep 18 2014 9:57 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 9/18/2014 9:39 AM, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Good questions. You can of course have an EWB application in the
> browser talk to an ISAPI DLL from any normal means of making one.
> That's the beauty of it - the back end is completely flexible.

Agreed - and the JSON spec is simple enough that one can easily just
write your own server side if you wish to use EWB datasets.

Raul
Thu, Sep 18 2014 3:15 PMPermanent Link

Chris Clark

>Not to my knowledge - the EWB Web server is currently a 32bit app and
hence would not even be able to load anything but 32bit modules.

Sorry, I think you misunderstand.

I don't want to write an EWB Module at all. The EWB Dataset facilitates the transfer between the JSON required by EWB and a TDataset descendent, its nothing to do with the EWB Web server which I'm not using.

My ISAPI DLL works as a 32 bit dll but I would like to be able to deploy it into a 64 bit application pool.
Thu, Sep 18 2014 3:48 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 9/18/2014 3:15 PM, Chris Clark wrote:
> Sorry, I think you misunderstand.
> I don't want to write an EWB Module at all. The EWB Dataset facilitates the transfer between the JSON required by EWB and a TDataset descendent, its nothing to do with the EWB Web server which I'm not using.
> My ISAPI DLL works as a 32 bit dll but I would like to be able to deploy it into a 64 bit application pool.


I get it now - you'd like to use TEWBDataSetAdapter in a non EWB data
module project.

I believe EWB data modules at this time were designed specifically to be
used with EWB Web Server and hence no 64bit components are included
(since EWB Web server is 32bit).

Your best bet is contact Elevate Support direct and see if they can
provide you with 64bit versions (support@elevatesoft.com)

The JSON is very straightforward so you could write your own module to
handle this also:
http://www.elevatesoft.com/manual?action=viewtopic&id=ewb1&topic=JSON_Reference

Raul
Image