Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 13 total
Thread Why you didn't add Auto-compliting ?
Wed, Nov 26 2014 1:17 PMPermanent Link

Manarsoft

Manarsoft

Hi,
we suggest to add auto-completing optionj to the code editor to help
developers.
Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:57 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

> we suggest to add auto-completing optionj to the code editor to help
> developers.

Can you describe how you expect this to work - at what point should
compile take place ?

Or are you referring more to live syntax check ?

Environments that have this (like eclipse) i find it more of a nuisance
most of the time (i personally have it turned off there).

Live syntax check would be nice though.

Raul

Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:00 PMPermanent Link

Chris Holland

SEC Solutions Ltd.

Avatar

Team Elevate Team Elevate

I think he means auto code completion like in Visual Studio where you
can type in a class name followed by a . and it lists the properties and
functions that you can use.

I find this very useful in Visual Studio and am sure that Tim will have
something like this planned for the future however EWB is still in the
early stages at the moment so a few nice to have features are not
implemented yet.

Chris Holland
[Team Elevate]

On 26/11/2014 19:57, Raul wrote:
>> we suggest to add auto-completing optionj to the code editor to help
>> developers.
>
> Can you describe how you expect this to work - at what point should
> compile take place ?
>
> Or are you referring more to live syntax check ?
>
> Environments that have this (like eclipse) i find it more of a nuisance
> most of the time (i personally have it turned off there).
>
> Live syntax check would be nice though.
>
> Raul
>
>
Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:47 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 11/26/2014 4:00 PM, Chris Holland wrote:
> I think he means auto code completion like in Visual Studio where you
> can type in a class name followed by a . and it lists the properties and
> functions that you can use.

Ok - completely different thing than asked but I agree it would be useful

Raul
Wed, Nov 26 2014 10:28 PMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

The way I read it, Manarsoft was referring to the equivalent of what is called Code Insight/Code Completion in Delphi/RAD Studio.  Yep, I can't wait to see this too in EWB as every other software development tool I use has some form of Code Completion (aka Intellisense in MS products, Auto Complete in PHPEd).

So many times I press the shortcut in EWB and wait for the code completion window to come up, and then realise there isn't one. Smile Be nice to see one in ElevateDB Manager too. Smile

= Steve
Thu, Nov 27 2014 8:27 AMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 11/26/2014 10:28 PM, Steve Gill wrote:
> The way I read it, Manarsoft was referring to the equivalent of what is called Code Insight/Code Completion in Delphi/RAD Studio.  Yep, I can't wait to see this too in EWB as every other software development tool I use has some form of Code Completion (aka Intellisense in MS products, Auto Complete in PHPEd).

Fair enough - i did not get it that way. Auto-compiling is a valid
request with other IDEs. Eclipse, where i spend some of my time in, has
an option for auto-build that rebuilds your project after saves in the
background.

> So many times I press the shortcut in EWB and wait for the code completion window to come up, and then realise there isn't one. Smile Be nice to see one in ElevateDB Manager too. Smile

I agree that from IDE code editor side that's likely the #1 request.
Hopefully once v2 is out it'll be something he can spend some time on.

Not sure what EWB uses as the editor and while i would like built-in
code-completion i would settle for plugin capability (assuming this is
less work for Tim).

Raul

Thu, Nov 27 2014 2:15 PMPermanent Link

Manarsoft

Manarsoft

Raul wrote:

On 11/26/2014 4:00 PM, Chris Holland wrote:
> I think he means auto code completion like in Visual Studio where you
> can type in a class name followed by a . and it lists the properties and
> functions that you can use.

Ok - completely different thing than asked but I agree it would be useful

Raul
..

Thats is correct;
Elevate must add auto-compliting like in Delphi and Visual Studio.
Thu, Nov 27 2014 4:11 PMPermanent Link

Walter Matte

Tactical Business Corporation


Anybody remember Norton Guides - DOS - TSR - Shift-F1

Walter
Fri, Nov 28 2014 2:45 AMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

Hi Raul,

<< Fair enough - i did not get it that way. Auto-compiling is a valid
request with other IDEs. Eclipse, where i spend some of my time in, has
an option for auto-build that rebuilds your project after saves in the
background.  >>

Sounds like an interesting feature, although I think it could become annoying after a while. Smile
Fri, Nov 28 2014 3:29 AMPermanent Link

Mark Brooks

Slikware

Avatar

>> Walter Matte wrote:
>> Anybody remember Norton Guides - DOS - TSR - Shift-F1

How do you "like" on this BBS?
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image