Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 12 total
Thread Grid problem in 2.02 b2 and b3
Mon, Oct 26 2015 1:07 PMPermanent Link

Tom Urlep

Description of problem attached.



Attachments: Grid problem.pdf
Mon, Oct 26 2015 2:05 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 10/26/2015 1:07 PM, Tom Urlep wrote:
> Description of problem attached.

There is not enough info here to really help you - what you're
describing is just as symptom.

Can you provide more info so one can try to duplicate this (or a small
test app exhibiting the problem) ?

I just tested and in my case grids in 2.0.2 build 3 seem to work just
fine in terms of displaying data (no change from build 1 as far as i can
tell).

Raul


Mon, Oct 26 2015 2:22 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Raul:
I have not seen it with a grid, however on the Database.Commit an occurs when I 'Update' the dataset.

Perhaps if that is done with a Grid that is data-bound and updateable?
Mon, Oct 26 2015 2:38 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Tom,

<< Description of problem attached. >>

I'm not having any luck reproducing this an issue here.

Is this reproducible ?  If so, can you send me a project that does so.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:51 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Hi Tom,

This is Off-topic, but I recall you use my MyDataSet Manager application. I updated yesterday to include a very useful 'DataSet Copy' feature.

Go to the EWB Binaries forum, scroll to the message posted at 'Sun, Oct 25 2015 6:36 PM' and download the Version 1.0.1 which is attached.
Mon, Oct 26 2015 3:55 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 10/26/2015 2:22 PM, Trinione wrote:
> I have not seen it with a grid, however on the Database.Commit an occurs when I 'Update' the dataset.
> Perhaps if that is done with a Grid that is data-bound and updateable?

Perhaps. However, if one can show steps or a small sample app to
reproduce the issue then fix might be available a lot sooner.

Not sure how Tim operates but i know in my case anything that my
customers send that is not trivially clear or quickly reproducible goes
into the "to do" queue and gets dealt with when I have time later on
(almost never same day).

Raul

Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:13 PMPermanent Link

Trinione

Raul wrote:

On 10/26/2015 2:22 PM, Trinione wrote:
> I have not seen it with a grid, however on the Database.Commit an occurs when I 'Update' the dataset.
> Perhaps if that is done with a Grid that is data-bound and updateable?

<< Perhaps. However, if one can show steps or a small sample app to
reproduce the issue then fix might be available a lot sooner. >>

Hi Raul,
I was just offering up a possible reason. I reported my possibly related problem in another post.
Mon, Oct 26 2015 8:18 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

On 10/26/2015 7:13 PM, Trinione wrote:
> I was just offering up a possible reason. I reported my possibly related problem in another post.


I know.

I'm aware of the other problem as i can reproduce it also (for update
and delete). however i also have some grids and not seeing this behavior
myself at this time so it's harder to reproduce.

Just saying that if you can make it fail with a simple clean project or
some steps there is a very good chance Tim will respond with "This is
now fixed ...".   Otherwise it will be fixed but might take longer than
it needs be.

Raul


Tue, Oct 27 2015 4:41 AMPermanent Link

Tom Urlep

Tim Young [Elevate Software] wrote:

Tom,

<< Description of problem attached. >>

I'm not having any luck reproducing this an issue here.

Is this reproducible ?  If so, can you send me a project that does so.

I can't reproduce this on a test project. I guess it must be something in connection with transaction problem reported by Roland.

When I continue I get error message:
Uncaught Error: Database commit response error (Error)
Line: 1

Shall wait for build 4.

Thanks,

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Oct 27 2015 4:47 AMPermanent Link

Tom Urlep

<<Trinione wrote:

Hi Tom,

This is Off-topic, but I recall you use my MyDataSet Manager application. I updated yesterday to include a very useful 'DataSet Copy' feature.

Go to the EWB Binaries forum, scroll to the message posted at 'Sun, Oct 25 2015 6:36 PM' and download the Version 1.0.1 which is attached.>>

I saw your post. I will give it a try later. Thanks.
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image