Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 20 total
Thread So who is going to Delphi 2010?
Wed, Aug 26 2009 12:38 AMPermanent Link

David Puett
I may actually upgrade.  I'm running 7 now and until the end of the year,
they'll accept any previous version for the upgrade.

Plus they have the "Buy some software and get something cheaper for free" so
I could get 2010 Pro and D for PHP for $400.  That has been extended until
Sept 24.

Wed, Aug 26 2009 11:57 AMPermanent Link

"Rita"

"David Puett" <dpuett@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:C6BA3480.37B40%dpuett@gmail.com...
>I may actually upgrade.  I'm running 7 now and until the end of the year,
> they'll accept any previous version for the upgrade.
>
> Plus they have the "Buy some software and get something cheaper for free"
> so
> I could get 2010 Pro and D for PHP for $400.  That has been extended until
> Sept 24.
>
>

I would like it but no offers in UK that I can find.
D-PHP will come in handy if u have a table with a
wonkey leg.
Rita

Thu, Aug 27 2009 8:50 AMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi David,

I downloaded my SA copy today and installed it .. doesn't look a whole
lot different to RAD Studio 2009 (which is very good BTW). It has
built-in code formatting, a neat global search feature, and support for
gestures (i.e iPod Touch-like touch screen support).

Best regards

Steve

David Puett wrote:
> I may actually upgrade.  I'm running 7 now and until the end of the year,
> they'll accept any previous version for the upgrade.
>
> Plus they have the "Buy some software and get something cheaper for free" so
> I could get 2010 Pro and D for PHP for $400.  That has been extended until
> Sept 24.
>
>
Thu, Aug 27 2009 9:01 PMPermanent Link

Lance Rasmussen

Jazzie Software

Avatar

Team Elevate Team Elevate

I just installed it from my SA.  Looks good.  I didn't really do much
with D2009, so will move to use D2010.   Still have a lot of D2007
projects to convert.

Lance

David Puett wrote:

> I may actually upgrade.  I'm running 7 now and until the end of the
> year, they'll accept any previous version for the upgrade.
>
> Plus they have the "Buy some software and get something cheaper for
> free" so I could get 2010 Pro and D for PHP for $400.  That has been
> extended until Sept 24.
Fri, Aug 28 2009 9:20 AMPermanent Link

"Rita"

"Lance Rasmussen" <lance@lance.ws> wrote in message
news:3BC50572-9FD7-4724-BB74-A9F72FE7B80E@news.elevatesoft.com...
>I just installed it from my SA.  Looks good.  I didn't really do much
> with D2009, so will move to use D2010.   Still have a lot of D2007
> projects to convert.

Will 2010 not just compile 2007 projects str8 off ?
Assuming u have the relevant components that is...
Rita

Fri, Aug 28 2009 11:14 AMPermanent Link

Roy Lambert

NLH Associates

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Rita


Depends on wether you use Char, string etc. Remember D2009 and, I presume D2010, are UNICODE.

Roy Lambert
Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:25 AMPermanent Link

"Ian Branch"
Yep.  Just waiting for various libraries to be updated.

Hi Tim...Smile


Regards,

Ian

Tue, Sep 1 2009 10:48 AMPermanent Link

Roy Lambert

NLH Associates

Team Elevate Team Elevate

David


I may be reading the wrong bit but when I see


Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010 [Professional Edition, Upgrade Licence  Named User - ELC WIN]
459.87
BDB100MUEEWB0
3 working days
Add to Basket
Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010 [Professional Edition, Upgrade Licence  Named User - ESD WIN]
459.87
BDB100MUENWB0
3 working days
Add to Basket
Embarcadero RAD Studio 2010 [Professional Edition, Upgrade Licence  Named User - FLEX WIN]
459.87
BDB100MUEUWB0
3 working days
Add to Basket


Then combined with a disinclination to move to unicode its a definite NO GO

Roy Lambert
Tue, Sep 1 2009 10:25 PMPermanent Link

Lance Rasmussen

Jazzie Software

Avatar

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Rita,

Really is based on your string handling, for the most part.  The GUI
part should be ok.   But since strings are now defaulted as Unicode and
the SysUtils and like functions are now unicode based, you may have
some work cut out for you.  For the most part... it will be busy work.

I have a lot of 3rd party comps that I still haven't ported to D2009
much less D2010. But I plan to bite the bullet and get it into D2010. I
like the IDE enhancements.

Lance

Rita wrote:

>
> "Lance Rasmussen" <lance@lance.ws> wrote in message
> news:3BC50572-9FD7-4724-BB74-A9F72FE7B80E@news.elevatesoft.com...
> > I just installed it from my SA.  Looks good.  I didn't really do
> > much with D2009, so will move to use D2010.   Still have a lot of
> > D2007 projects to convert.
>
> Will 2010 not just compile 2007 projects str8 off ?
> Assuming u have the relevant components that is...
> Rita
Wed, Sep 2 2009 9:44 AMPermanent Link

"Rita"
Thanks Lance I may miss this one.
Rita

"Lance Rasmussen" <lance@lance.ws> wrote in message
news:6141AE1D-E46A-427E-B2C3-4E2F09504972@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Rita,
>
> Really is based on your string handling, for the most part.  The GUI
> part should be ok.   But since strings are now defaulted as Unicode and
> the SysUtils and like functions are now unicode based, you may have
> some work cut out for you.  For the most part... it will be busy work.
>
> I have a lot of 3rd party comps that I still haven't ported to D2009
> much less D2010. But I plan to bite the bullet and get it into D2010. I
> like the IDE enhancements.
>
> Lance
>
> Rita wrote:
>
>>
>> "Lance Rasmussen" <lance@lance.ws> wrote in message
>> news:3BC50572-9FD7-4724-BB74-A9F72FE7B80E@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> > I just installed it from my SA.  Looks good.  I didn't really do
>> > much with D2009, so will move to use D2010.   Still have a lot of
>> > D2007 projects to convert.
>>
>> Will 2010 not just compile 2007 projects str8 off ?
>> Assuming u have the relevant components that is...
>> Rita
>

Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image