Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 4 of 4 total
Thread DBISAM ODBC Version 3.30
Tue, Mar 25 2014 3:53 PMPermanent Link

BrianC

Our application uses DBISAM 3.30 and I wanted to access the tables using DBISAM ODBC. Initially I installed DBISAM ODBC-TRIAL - Version 4.38 Build 1 and could see the drivers in the ODBC Administrator. Additionally I could connect from a .NET C# test app using System.Data.Odbc; however, could not read the tables with the error saying not correct table versions.

DBISAM ODBC Version 4 connection string
string connectionString = "DRIVER={DBISAM 4 ODBC Driver};ConnectionType=Local;CatalogName=C:\\Geoplus39\\Projects\\Tutorial\\DB";

Unintalled version 4.38 and tried installing 330b1dbisamodbcstd.exe version and no drivers show up in the ODBC Administrator?  When running the .NET C# test app get:
ERROR[IM002][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified

DBISAM ODBC Version 3.3 connection string
string connectionString = "DRIVER={DBISAM 3 ODBCDriver};ConnectionType=local;CatalogName=C:\\Geoplus39\\Projects\\Tutorial\\DB";
Tue, Mar 25 2014 4:29 PMPermanent Link

BrianC

I found it due to reading another answer by Tim:
The DBISAM ODBC Driver is available as both a 32-bit and 64-bit driver. However, in order to configure the 32-bit driver on a 64-bit version of Windows, you must use the ODBC Administrator located here:

<WindowsInstallDir>\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe

So the 330b1dbisamodbcstd.exe  must be a 64 bit driver and I had to correct the connection string:
DRIVER={DBISAM 3 ODBC Driver};



BrianC wrote:

Our application uses DBISAM 3.30 and I wanted to access the tables using DBISAM ODBC. Initially I installed DBISAM ODBC-TRIAL - Version 4.38 Build 1 and could see the drivers in the ODBC Administrator. Additionally I could connect from a .NET C# test app using System.Data.Odbc; however, could not read the tables with the error saying not correct table versions.

DBISAM ODBC Version 4 connection string
string connectionString = "DRIVER={DBISAM 4 ODBC Driver};ConnectionType=Local;CatalogName=C:\\Geoplus39\\Projects\\Tutorial\\DB";

Unintalled version 4.38 and tried installing 330b1dbisamodbcstd.exe version and no drivers show up in the ODBC Administrator?  When running the .NET C# test app get:
ERROR[IM002][Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified

DBISAM ODBC Version 3.3 connection string
string connectionString = "DRIVER={DBISAM 3 ODBCDriver};ConnectionType=local;CatalogName=C:\\Geoplus39\\Projects\\Tutorial\\DB";
Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:01 PMPermanent Link

Raul

Globestar Systems

Team Elevate Team Elevate

DBISAM 3 is 32bit only as there is no 64bit version.

Raul

On 3/25/2014 4:29 PM, BrianC wrote:
> I found it due to reading another answer by Tim:
> The DBISAM ODBC Driver is available as both a 32-bit and 64-bit driver. However, in order to configure the 32-bit driver on a 64-bit version of Windows, you must use the ODBC Administrator located here:
>
> <WindowsInstallDir>\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe
>
> So the 330b1dbisamodbcstd.exe  must be a 64 bit driver and I had to correct the connection string:
> DRIVER={DBISAM 3 ODBC Driver};
Tue, Mar 25 2014 9:40 PMPermanent Link

BrianC

Yes I see this after reading Tim's answer again - I was just happy it was working Smile


Raul wrote:

DBISAM 3 is 32bit only as there is no 64bit version.

Raul

On 3/25/2014 4:29 PM, BrianC wrote:
> I found it due to reading another answer by Tim:
> The DBISAM ODBC Driver is available as both a 32-bit and 64-bit driver. However, in order to configure the 32-bit driver on a 64-bit version of Windows, you must use the ODBC Administrator located here:
>
> <WindowsInstallDir>\SysWoW64\odbcad32.exe
>
> So the 330b1dbisamodbcstd.exe  must be a 64 bit driver and I had to correct the connection string:
> DRIVER={DBISAM 3 ODBC Driver};
Image