Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 12 total
Thread DBISAM/FastReport 4 Components Available
Mon, May 14 2007 10:01 AMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Guys,

I have just uploaded the DBISAM 3 and 4 components for FastReport 4.

I have successfully tested under Delphi 6, 7, BDS2006 and Delphi 2007.
Although I do not have Delphi 5, or BDS2005 installed, packages for these
versions are included. I am not sure where TurboDelphi fits into the scheme
of things so this has been left out.

I would appreciate if someone could test Delphi 5 and BDS2005, although I
think things will be fine.

You can download the components from
http://www.ozmosys.net.au/download/fr4dbi.zip

Any comments or thoughts are most welcome. Enjoy.

--
Best regards

Steve

Wed, May 16 2007 1:26 AMPermanent Link

"Ian Branch"
Steve Forbes wrote:

Hi Steve,

   Using D7Pro with latest DBISAM v4 FastReports v 4.

   Interesting issue.  When I try to compile/build frxDBI47 it keeps telling me I
have to recompile frx7.  Have done, many times, and confirmed there are no
rogue files but still won't compile.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ian



--
Thu, May 17 2007 6:35 PMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been in Sydney for a couple of days.

Just had a quick look at the D7 packages and cannot find a reason for the
recompile behaviour, however, I will investigate over the weekend and get
back to you ASAP. BTW, I do not experience the same problem in D7??
--
Best regards

Steve

"Ian Branch" <branch@sitathome.net> wrote in message
news:33421323-A0CE-4ABB-8C09-B00EE751F4B7@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Steve Forbes wrote:
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> Using D7Pro with latest DBISAM v4 FastReports v 4.
>
> Interesting issue.  When I try to compile/build frxDBI47 it keeps telling
> me I
> have to recompile frx7.  Have done, many times, and confirmed there are no
> rogue files but still won't compile.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ian
>
>
>
> --
>

Fri, May 18 2007 5:40 PMPermanent Link

"B Miller"
A huge thanks to you Steve!  So far it is all working great with dbi4 and
D2007.  The entire design of the report can go straight into the fr3 file.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,
Bill Miller

Fri, May 18 2007 7:14 PMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback! Glad to know it is working correctly Wink

> Have a great weekend.

You too!
--
Best regards

Steve

"B Miller" <bmiller@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:746E44B3-C883-445E-B740-36E38DDBE4CD@news.elevatesoft.com...
>A huge thanks to you Steve!  So far it is all working great with dbi4 and
>D2007.  The entire design of the report can go straight into the fr3 file.
>
> Have a great weekend.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Miller
>

Sat, Jul 28 2007 11:33 AMPermanent Link

"Felix Gartsman"
Are you planning a port to ElevateDB?

"Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:CE4063C8-5EC0-45AF-B0F6-45A4F6F80BC4@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have just uploaded the DBISAM 3 and 4 components for FastReport 4.
>
> I have successfully tested under Delphi 6, 7, BDS2006 and Delphi 2007.
> Although I do not have Delphi 5, or BDS2005 installed, packages for these
> versions are included. I am not sure where TurboDelphi fits into the
> scheme of things so this has been left out.
>
> I would appreciate if someone could test Delphi 5 and BDS2005, although I
> think things will be fine.
>
> You can download the components from
> http://www.ozmosys.net.au/download/fr4dbi.zip
>
> Any comments or thoughts are most welcome. Enjoy.
>
> --
> Best regards
>
> Steve
>
>
Sun, Jul 29 2007 10:22 PMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Felix,

Yes I am. I had expected to have it done by now, but other work commitments
have prevented me getting on to it. I will do it ASAP though.

--
Best regards

Steve

"Felix Gartsman" <garisman@netvision.net.il> wrote in message
news:86DB29D8-8DFE-422D-9744-78ABEEE5E8B8@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Are you planning a port to ElevateDB?
>
> "Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:CE4063C8-5EC0-45AF-B0F6-45A4F6F80BC4@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I have just uploaded the DBISAM 3 and 4 components for FastReport 4.
>>
>> I have successfully tested under Delphi 6, 7, BDS2006 and Delphi 2007.
>> Although I do not have Delphi 5, or BDS2005 installed, packages for these
>> versions are included. I am not sure where TurboDelphi fits into the
>> scheme of things so this has been left out.
>>
>> I would appreciate if someone could test Delphi 5 and BDS2005, although I
>> think things will be fine.
>>
>> You can download the components from
>> http://www.ozmosys.net.au/download/fr4dbi.zip
>>
>> Any comments or thoughts are most welcome. Enjoy.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>
>

Wed, Aug 1 2007 1:01 AMPermanent Link

"Steve Barker"
Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your work on these components over the years.

This is a long shot, but I need for a large legacy project:

D2007, fr2.5, dbisam4 to play nicely together

This customer has a huge number of reports in fr2.5 that are not practical
at this stage to rewrite to fr3 (I did start last year but it was going to
cost too much), let alone fr4.

I am upgrading his project from d5 to d2007 - so far so good

And I'm upgrading his database from dbisam3 to 4 - piece of cake.

I have fr2.5 installed except for the frdbicomponents and was hoping you had
them somewhere.

Any help appreciated.
thanks,
Steve Barker

"Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:C91EEE0F-0B37-4E9D-A9CC-9D75DB9B78C7@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Hi Felix,
>
> Yes I am. I had expected to have it done by now, but other work
> commitments have prevented me getting on to it. I will do it ASAP though.
>
> --
> Best regards
>
> Steve
>
> "Felix Gartsman" <garisman@netvision.net.il> wrote in message
> news:86DB29D8-8DFE-422D-9744-78ABEEE5E8B8@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> Are you planning a port to ElevateDB?
>>
>> "Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> news:CE4063C8-5EC0-45AF-B0F6-45A4F6F80BC4@news.elevatesoft.com...
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I have just uploaded the DBISAM 3 and 4 components for FastReport 4.
>>>
>>> I have successfully tested under Delphi 6, 7, BDS2006 and Delphi 2007.
>>> Although I do not have Delphi 5, or BDS2005 installed, packages for
>>> these versions are included. I am not sure where TurboDelphi fits into
>>> the scheme of things so this has been left out.
>>>
>>> I would appreciate if someone could test Delphi 5 and BDS2005, although
>>> I think things will be fine.
>>>
>>> You can download the components from
>>> http://www.ozmosys.net.au/download/fr4dbi.zip
>>>
>>> Any comments or thoughts are most welcome. Enjoy.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>

Wed, Aug 1 2007 5:35 PMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Steve,

I think I do have to old FR2.5 compatible components archived somewhere.
I'll check when I get home and let you know .. I have just arrived at work,
so that will be at least 12 hours from now Frown
--
Best regards

Steve

"Steve Barker" <steve@nospamwebdata.co.nz> wrote in message
news:16307104-6B33-4CFD-B788-DC9114D8CBB1@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Hi Steve,
>
> Many thanks for your work on these components over the years.
>
> This is a long shot, but I need for a large legacy project:
>
> D2007, fr2.5, dbisam4 to play nicely together
>
> This customer has a huge number of reports in fr2.5 that are not practical
> at this stage to rewrite to fr3 (I did start last year but it was going to
> cost too much), let alone fr4.
>
> I am upgrading his project from d5 to d2007 - so far so good
>
> And I'm upgrading his database from dbisam3 to 4 - piece of cake.
>
> I have fr2.5 installed except for the frdbicomponents and was hoping you
> had them somewhere.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> thanks,
> Steve Barker
>
> "Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> news:C91EEE0F-0B37-4E9D-A9CC-9D75DB9B78C7@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> Hi Felix,
>>
>> Yes I am. I had expected to have it done by now, but other work
>> commitments have prevented me getting on to it. I will do it ASAP though.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> "Felix Gartsman" <garisman@netvision.net.il> wrote in message
>> news:86DB29D8-8DFE-422D-9744-78ABEEE5E8B8@news.elevatesoft.com...
>>> Are you planning a port to ElevateDB?
>>>
>>> "Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> news:CE4063C8-5EC0-45AF-B0F6-45A4F6F80BC4@news.elevatesoft.com...
>>>> Hi Guys,
>>>>
>>>> I have just uploaded the DBISAM 3 and 4 components for FastReport 4.
>>>>
>>>> I have successfully tested under Delphi 6, 7, BDS2006 and Delphi 2007.
>>>> Although I do not have Delphi 5, or BDS2005 installed, packages for
>>>> these versions are included. I am not sure where TurboDelphi fits into
>>>> the scheme of things so this has been left out.
>>>>
>>>> I would appreciate if someone could test Delphi 5 and BDS2005, although
>>>> I think things will be fine.
>>>>
>>>> You can download the components from
>>>> http://www.ozmosys.net.au/download/fr4dbi.zip
>>>>
>>>> Any comments or thoughts are most welcome. Enjoy.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Best regards
>>>>
>>>> Steve
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>

Thu, Aug 2 2007 9:31 AMPermanent Link

Steve Forbes

Team Elevate Team Elevate

Hi Steve,

Sorry for misleading you, it appears that FR3 was the first version I did
the components for (these are still available on the fr binaries NG). Good
luck!

--
Best regards

Steve

"Steve Forbes" <ozmosys@spamfreeoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:4D194F50-0CE2-4CF2-BC66-2F39DFB15EE8@news.elevatesoft.com...
> Hi Steve,
>
> I think I do have to old FR2.5 compatible components archived somewhere.
> I'll check when I get home and let you know .. I have just arrived at
> work, so that will be at least 12 hours from now Frown
> --
> Best regards
>
> Steve
>
> "Steve Barker" <steve@nospamwebdata.co.nz> wrote in message
> news:16307104-6B33-4CFD-B788-DC9114D8CBB1@news.elevatesoft.com...
>> Hi Steve,

Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image