|Home » Technical Support » DBISAM Technical Support » Support Forums » DBISAM Third Party Announcements » View Thread|
|Messages 1 to 1 of 1 total|
|ANN: Context Database Designer & Extensions v.3 are now available with support for Delphi 2009!|
|Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:16 PM||Permanent Link|
We are happy to announce the first public beta release of Context Database
Designer & Database Extensions v.3.02.
This version introduces several major improvements over version 2 including
full support for Delphi 2009.
Context Database Designer Improvements:
- User Interface is redesigned to provide modal-less way of viewing and
changing database object properties (Object Properties window);
- Added customizable template-based documentation generation wizard;
- Greatly improved schema comparison tool;
- Greatly improved schema searching/management tool;
- Greatly improved schema importing capabilities;
- Redesigned database connection management facility;
- All database objects including tables and views can be setup to produce
or not produce SQL, allowing to keep them in "design" mode;
- Added ability to open several SQL consoles for the same database connection;
- Added syntax database engine-specific syntax highlighting to all script windows;
- Views can now be added to the diagrams in the same way as tables,
including view columns and relationships;
- Added object assistant window (part of Database Schema Tree View )
allowing to quickly lookup objects found in scripts or diagrams;
- Added support for Elevate DB 2 and Nexus 3;
- Improved support for Oracle, including complete reverse engineering;
- and more.
Context Database Extensions Improvements:
- Views are now stored in the same collection with tables and have all
of the table's properties, including fields, indexes, foreign keys, etc.
- Added components for disconnected mode:
- TCtxDataContainer - small in-memory data storage, with build-in
transactional and referential integrity;
- TCtxDataSet - in-memory dataset, accessing data from TCtxDataContainer;
- TCtxDataCommand - simple, generic, parametrized SQL command, which is
implemented by each particular data provider;
- TCtxDataAdapter - a collection of TCtxDataCommands, implementing
generic multi-table CRUD paradigm;
- TCtxCommandBuilder - virtualized infrastructure for editing data
commands in design- and run-time.
- Added SystemTableName which allows to have several independent schemas
within a single database.
Both products are immediately available for download at:
Users, how has purchased Context Database Extensions within 90 days will
automatically be upgraded to version 3.0.
Preorder your copy of Database Designer and Extensions now at:
New prices will be in effect upon final release, which is scheduled
around the end of July.
Context Software LLC.