Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 1 to 10 of 13 total
Thread Will 2.06 Break 2.05 Code During Recompile?
Tue, Mar 28 2017 11:35 AMPermanent Link

Frederick Chin

I am starting a new project with 2.05 soon and it has to be completed within 30 days.

Is there a possibility that when 2.06 is released, it could cause problems with recompiling my 2.05 project?

I believe that there is no way to have versions 2.05 and 2.06 installed in separate directories.

-- Frederick

P.S.   I wonder if the 2.06 version will be released soon.
Tue, Mar 28 2017 11:50 AMPermanent Link

Matthew Jones

Frederick Chin wrote:

> I am starting a new project with 2.05 soon and it has to be completed within 30 days.
>
> Is there a possibility that when 2.06 is released, it could cause problems with recompiling my 2.05 project?
>
> I believe that there is no way to have versions 2.05 and 2.06 installed in separate directories.

The only issue I have found was the theme files. If you have customised them, allow a day to re-do. Anything else was minor.

That said, if 2.05 will do what you need, you might be better off with it - completely solid. But if the project is long term, and 2.06 is out within days, I'd say use it asap. I am quite happy with the Beta on my main project.

--

Matthew Jones
Tue, Mar 28 2017 11:53 AMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

Frederick,

<< P.S.   I wonder if the 2.06 version will be released soon. >>

2.06 will be out before the end of the week.  I'm uploading the last release candidate beta today, and then I just need to get ElevateDB 2.25 uploaded and then I'll start preparing EWB 2.06 for upload.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:00 PMPermanent Link

Huseyin Aliz

myBiss ApS

Avatar

Tim,

How about dbisam - tokyo support? Smile

Regards,

Hüseyin

Den 28-03-2017 kl. 17:53 skrev Tim Young [Elevate Software]:
> Frederick,
>
> << P.S.   I wonder if the 2.06 version will be released soon. >>
>
> 2.06 will be out before the end of the week.  I'm uploading the last release candidate beta today, and then I just need to get ElevateDB 2.25 uploaded and then I'll start preparing EWB 2.06 for upload.
>
> Tim Young
> Elevate Software
> www.elevatesoft.com
>
Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:06 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com


<< How about dbisam - tokyo support? Smile>>

I don't have the final release ISO yet, so the answer is no...

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:10 PMPermanent Link

Huseyin Aliz

myBiss ApS

Avatar

Ahh ok, i thought edb 2.25 was going to support tokyo.. i'll just wait
then Smile

Regards,
Hüseyin

Den 28-03-2017 kl. 18:06 skrev Tim Young [Elevate Software]:
> << How about dbisam - tokyo support? Smile>>
>
> I don't have the final release ISO yet, so the answer is no...
>
> Tim Young
> Elevate Software
> www.elevatesoft.com
>
Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:30 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

<< Ahh ok, i thought edb 2.25 was going to support tokyo.. i'll just wait then Smile>>

No, it will need to be a separate minor release, unless EMB gets the ISOs up there quicker.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Tue, Mar 28 2017 12:57 PMPermanent Link

Huseyin Aliz

myBiss ApS

Avatar

Tim,

Do you need a special iso being a partner, for i think there are
generally access for iso files for tokyo?

Regards,

Hüseyin

Den 28-03-2017 kl. 18:30 skrev Tim Young [Elevate Software]:
> << Ahh ok, i thought edb 2.25 was going to support tokyo.. i'll just wait then Smile>>
>
> No, it will need to be a separate minor release, unless EMB gets the ISOs up there quicker.
>
> Tim Young
> Elevate Software
> www.elevatesoft.com
>
Tue, Mar 28 2017 1:26 PMPermanent Link

Tim Young [Elevate Software]

Elevate Software, Inc.

Avatar

Email timyoung@elevatesoft.com

<< Do you need a special iso being a partner, for i think there are generally access for iso files for tokyo? >>

Yeah, they switched it up on us. I've now got the ISO downloading and will work 10.2 into the 2.25 EDB release.

Tim Young
Elevate Software
www.elevatesoft.com
Wed, Mar 29 2017 3:17 AMPermanent Link

Frederick Chin

"Matthew Jones" wrote:

/*
That said, if 2.05 will do what you need, you might be better off with it - completely solid. But if the project is long term, and 2.06 is out within days, I'd say use it asap. I am quite happy with the Beta on my main project.
*/

I am hopeful that 2.06 will be better than 2.05 and I will not miss out on the improvements if I start the new project on it rather than with 2.05.

-- Frederick
Page 1 of 2Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2
Image