Icon View Thread

The following is the text of the current message along with any replies.
Messages 31 to 40 of 41 total
Thread EWB stalled?
Sun, Mar 20 2022 8:32 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Steve Gill wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's been nearly 4 months since we have heard from Tim on
> these forums.  
>
>That's a long time to be absent.  The silence is deafening.

He last emailed me two months ago tomorrow.  He mentioned some personal challenges that had slowed him down, but seemed fine then and quickly found the cause of a few problems I reported, so I had hoped he would have eventually released an update in the time since.  That didn't happen.

I'll check  in again.

Erick
 










  
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Sun, Mar 20 2022 8:32 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Steve Gill wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's been nearly 4 months since we have heard from Tim on
> these forums.  
>
>That's a long time to be absent.  The silence is deafening.

He last emailed me two months ago tomorrow.  He mentioned some personal challenges that had slowed him down, but seemed fine then and quickly found the cause of a few problems I reported, so I had hoped he would have eventually released an update in the time since.  That didn't happen.

I'll check  in again.

Erick
 










  
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Tue, Mar 22 2022 5:56 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

erickengelke wrote:

Steve Gill wrote:

> Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's been nearly 4 months since we have heard from Tim on
> these forums.  

> He last emailed me two months ago tomorrow.

We emailed this week again.  He's busy working on the products.

Erick
 










  
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Thu, Mar 24 2022 4:44 PMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

<< We emailed this week again.  He's busy working on the products. >>

Thanks Erick.

It would be nice if Tim just posted a quick message every now and then, just giving an update.  Eg. "Working on this at the moment. Revised estimated release date is possibly...."

It's the silence, and not knowing what's going on, that is so frustrating.

It's like waiting on a package to be delivered.  When you know it's going to be x number of days or weeks then it may not be great but at least you know.  But being kept in the dark - having to check each day not knowing if today is the day, is what's really frustrating.

= Steve
Fri, Apr 1 2022 6:07 PMPermanent Link

Michael Saunders

It would be nice if Tim just posted a quick message every now and then, just giving an update.  Eg. "Working on this at the moment. Revised estimated release date is possibly...."

For me this is becoming concerning  This prolonged absence tells me something  is not right
Mon, Apr 4 2022 6:39 PMPermanent Link

Walter Matte

Tactical Business Corporation

Since Jan I have not heard any response back from my email inquires.

I am concerned.

Walter
Tue, Apr 26 2022 5:58 PMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

I just received an email announcing the release of 3.02 Build 1.  I imagine everyone else received this as well.

It looks like Tim has been *very* busy as there are a lot of bug fixes!  Unfortunately there are none of the new components that were roadmapped for 3.02, which is what I have been waiting on.  I'm hoping they will come soon.

= Steve
Wed, Apr 27 2022 3:04 AMPermanent Link

Robert Horbury-Smith

That' wonderful news. Life is pretty scary living on Planet Covid and I was starting to worry if Tim was OK.


{
Steve Gill wrote:

I just received an email announcing the release of 3.02 Build 1.  I imagine everyone else received this as well.

It looks like Tim has been *very* busy as there are a lot of bug fixes!  Unfortunately there are none of the new components that were roadmapped for 3.02, which is what I have been waiting on.  I'm hoping they will come soon.

= Steve
}
Wed, Apr 27 2022 8:05 PMPermanent Link

erickengelke

Robert Horbury-Smith wrote:

> That' wonderful news. Life is pretty scary living on Planet Covid and I was starting to worry if Tim was OK.

Yep, agreed.  Covid is the first thing we all think about these days.

Word to the wise.  The new ewb was initially giving me ide errors, but updating Windows to 21H1 solved most of my issues.  I don't know if that's officially required, but it worked for me so it's possibly a good first step if you have problems.   

I still have one outstanding challenge I'm working on with Tim.  I'm optimistic that I'll be using the system shortly, and I'm enthused.  

I want to move a bunch of ewb 2.x projects forward to 3.x and was waiting for resiliance and stability.

erick
EWB Programming Books and Component Library
http://www.erickengelke.com
Wed, May 11 2022 6:20 PMPermanent Link

Steve Gill

Avatar

erickengelke wrote:

<< I still have one outstanding challenge I'm working on with Tim.  I'm optimistic that I'll be using the system shortly, and I'm enthused.  

I want to move a bunch of ewb 2.x projects forward to 3.x and was waiting for resiliance and stability. >>

Well I'm waiting for these so that I can actually develop some apps:

* HTML editor - native component, not a kludge.
* Treeview control
* Formal drag and drop support
* File access for browser applications
* Delphi TDataSet component set for web server database access
* Ability to execute EDB Stored Procedures within an EWB app (queries just don't cut it for me).

The lack of some of these features has been costing me sales for many months.

= Steve
Previous PagePage 4 of 5Next Page
Jump to Page:  1 2 3 4 5
Image