Icon View Incident Report

Serious Serious
Reported By: Pedro Silva
Reported On: 2/27/2004
For: Version 4.04 Build 1
# 1605 Locate Randomly Not Finding the Correct Record

I have this simple locate using delphi 7 and dbisam 4.03. The problem is that sometimes locate doesn't find my record, even though i can see it clearly on the dbtable. This appears to be completly random, since if i change my 2nd parameter for another number it will eventualy work... Myfield1 is of type String[10] and MyField2 is of type Integer. The table is filled with uppercase values in the first field and normal integers in the second. If i change the locate options to [Locaseinsensitive] it always
works, but is much slower.

if Locate('myfield1;myfield2',vararrayof(['TEST',550),[])) then

Comments Comments
The problem was caused by an invalid character set structure internally when using non-ANSI Standard locales with tables. Locates and most other types of searches would behave in an erratic manner.

Resolution Resolution
Fixed Problem on 2/29/2004 in version 4.05 build 1