Icon View Incident Report

Serious Serious
Reported By: Matthew Jones
Reported On: 5/29/2018
For: Version 2.06 Build 14
# 4651 Changing the THTMLForm Encoding Property Does Not Change the Actual Form Data Encoding

I have a form that may be submitted to multiple servers, and they need different parameter encodings so my code has to change this at run time.

I have a simple THTMLForm, and for one mode I set the feURLEncoded option, set the URL which has the parameters, and away it goes. Except it doesn't - the form actually submitted is still feMultiPartFormData in the header. However, if I set the form to be URL encoded in the IDE, it works fine. But I can't have that as the default, and it should work. The library code is quite simple, so looks to be passing this on to the browser to do the work.

controlForm.Encoding := feURLEncoded;
case controlForm.Encoding of
feMultiPartFormData: frmWelcome.Report('Encoding feMultiPartFormData');
feURLEncoded: frmWelcome.Report('Encoding feURLEncoded'); // shows okay!
feTextPlain: frmWelcome.Report('Encoding feTextPlain');
else frmWelcome.Report('Encoding unknown');
controlForm.URL := szFinalURL;

Resolution Resolution
Fixed Problem on 5/29/2018 in version 2.06 build 15

Products Affected Products Affected
Elevate Web Builder
Elevate Web Builder Trial